Wednesday, February 9, 2011

List of supplies needed for the Captured Faerie class

I'll give a second class on my style of the Captured Faerie this Saturday at 6 PM E.S.T. If you would like to make one along with me here is a list of supplies you will want to have ready. :)

Pick a color theme you love!!

*hot glue gun and glue sticks (3 or 4)
*clear bottle (bar~b~q, salad dressing or what you find),
*Straight twigs or sticks longer then your bottle~ very important,
*Girly image of your choice pasted on card stock for stability (nothing too flimsy like copy paper)
*wings (feather, paper, tin, clip art or what you like),
*any of the following of your choice, potpourri, moss, faux fiber for the inside of bottle,
*glitter of your choice,
*faux flowers (silk, paper or any of your choice)
*sissors and heavy duty shears to cut twigs
*Mod Podge and brush,
*tissue papers, book text, music sheet, napkins papers of your choice for the outside back of bottle.
*lace, ribbons and trims of your choice.

I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

ArteDar said...

Hi Dar,

My captured fairy arrived today and she is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your artistic talents and skills online and your art with me. She will be well kept and treasured.

I've decided to name her Blossom. She will be the garden fairy that nourishes me and my garden to grow happy healthy blossoms all year 'round.

Congrats again on winning Marion's challenge. Can't wait to see what you do with the goods.

Thanks again.

Tammy

Deb_In_PA said...

ArteDar, Just saw the ustream & was blown away! I've never seen captured faeries & am totally impressed by your talent & how beautiful that little purple faerie turned out!!! Thanks for sharing your work, Deb_In_PA

Audrey Joy said...

Loved your fairy! It inspired Me to make My Granddaughter one.

Cheryl said...

Hi ArteDar,

I just put all of my supplies together for my first captured fairy. I have a picture of my grand daugher in her dance recital and she is going to be my fairy.
I just have to get some flowers for the bottle. I can't wait to make it. You are so talented and have inspired me.
Thank you for sharing yourself with us.
God bless.
angelbug56 (cheryl)