Saturday, December 27, 2008

Goddess Positive Body Affirmations
















For my Suzi Blu Goddess Class we were to write all the negative things we feel about our own body and then turn them around and create POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS. I had the best time with this project and tend to go a bit beyond....but I love the process of making a 3~d forms even more then drawing and painting. When I draw and then paint it takes me back to feeling like I'm coloring in a coloring book....just too easy~peesy...but to build something is way more challenging and exciting to me. I used lots of bits and pieces that I have accumulated over the years. It's fun to dig it out and find lil' treasures and often I see things I want to pass on to other Goddess art sisters...as I'm doing this I must have sent some powerful teleapathic waves 'cause Verlene gives me a phone call as I'm thinking of her....is that not freakin' KEWL!!?
I bought old bed springs from Ebay a few years ago and have only one left to play with....unless I feel the need to get more, ROFL!! I love a bargain and get the out dated wall paper catalogs from my local stores....that's what I used for the wings....painted with StewartGill Galactca glitter paints....awesome stuff!
I took apart an old vinny pair of sun glasses for the arms....my fav!

2 comments:

suzi blu said...

Happy New Year neighbor!
xo
suzi

Jennifer Williams said...

Another stunner! You come up with some of the best stuff!