Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Suzi Blu art by ArteDar

Hand drawn....This is Goddess Psyche as a butterfly. I will also put this one on birch wood to wood burn....she is a favorite of mine.
This is birch wood that has been painted with acrylic paints and also wood burned. I added tissue paper flowers and texture magic dimensional paint (flowers and vines on left side), it is 12x8" and ready for the bees wax sealer.

This is on of my most favorite paintings....I adore her cheeks...again this is Goddess Psyche as a butterfly on 8x11" watercolor paper....yet to do is more added elements to make it a true mixed media and bees wax to seal.


I guess you can see that this has been a butterfly moment in time for me....I just love 'em, but will move on to something new and exciting eventually.




I call this one My Fair Lady Bug....on water color paper and a work in progress.....more to do to get it as a mixed media piece of art.



6 comments:

Cheryl said...

these are so great. They are your style.. and hers a little bit thrown in. :)

purplecat said...

Lovely work Dar!looks like you are enjoying the godess workshop, I didn't have time to take it, seem to have so many projects to catch up on!

purplecat said...

Dar, drop by my blog I have nominated you for an award!!

Rischa said...

Hi Dar,

It's Rischa from Ning. I thought I'd remind you who I am because I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before.

Anyway, I nominated you for a blog award, too. I didn't see the above comment before I nominated you, so I hope they're different awards. See this post for details:

http://artist-haven.blogspot.com/2009/01/lemonade-award.html

Hugs,
Rischa

Ranie said...

Beautiful just beautiful! A very talented lady...I have you on my "Blogs I'm Following" in my Bloggers Dashboard. A very nice way to keep up with you dear!

I wanted to let you know that you have been awarded the Marie Antoinette Award, please go to my blog to learn how to receive it.

WW said...

Hey there Dar
Thought I'd stop by to see what you were up to.
Beautiful work happening here. I love your little fairy gals.